Monday 1 October 2012

High Hopes October Release Sneak Peek Day One!

The past week has been so much fun in my stamp room, as I have received the newest High Hopes Rubber Stamps to play with!  This fun Wintery release showcases the awesome talent of artist Laurie Furnell, and is just in time to get some Christmas Cards done.  This will be the first time in over 8 years that I have been able to find the time to make my own cards to send to friends and family for the Holidays, so I am over the moon with excitement!
     My first card was created with  the "Winter Wonderland Background" image, and topped with the "Frozen Fun" Penguin selling snowballs image.  I used Tombow markers and a paintbrush with water to colour the images, and had a lot of fun using the "Bow Easy" tool to make pretty bows.  I have to admit, at first I was a little stumped with the written instructions, so I went to my friend Lacey's store blog where she has posted a video tutorial to help clarify the directions, since I am a visual learner.  Jeanette did a wonderful job with the video.  You may remember her from her designing days at High Hopes!   Here is a link to the tutorial:  http://goo.gl/ISz3h   I imagine I will be putting bows on many of my cards now that I know how truly EASY it is with the "Bow Easy" tool!
     The card was finished off with a glue pen, some ultra fine prisma glitter, and some self sticking gems.  Thanks for visiting, and be sure to come back tomorrow to catch another Sneek Peak before the kick off of the Blog Hop and Release on Wednesday, October 3!  There will be candy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment